Go to Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Fonts and change it there.

Does that work?

On 5/22/23 03:08, users+h...@global.libreoffice.org wrote:
Subject:
[libreoffice-users] Calc default font size
From:
Philip Jackson <philip-jack...@gmx.com>
Date:
5/21/23, 12:53

To:
LibreOffice <users@global.libreoffice.org>

Using LO 7.3.7.2 in UbuntuStudio 22.04

These days, I need a minimum of  12pt font size in Calc. Creation of a new file via File > New > Spreadsheet opens always with settings at 10pt.  I have edited a Default template in the .config/libreoffice/ directory with 12pt font size and creating a new file via File > New > Templates > Default  does get me a new spreadsheet with settings at 12 pt for the first 4 sheets but any extra sheets I create are set at 10pt.

In Tools > Options > LibreOffice Calc > Defaults, there is only an option to specify the number of sheets in a new spreadsheet. I've searched under Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Advanced > Open Expert Configuration looking for a default font size setting but without success.

Can anyone advise how and where I can adjust the settings so that by default I always get new sheets set to 12pt, and preferably by default at the File > New > Spreadsheet without having to pass via the template ?

Thanks,
Philip