Hi,

since you seem to know Writer well, it should be possible to meet your requirements. Basically, however, for a short newsletter (1-2 pages) Draw would be the better choice. But everyone as he can and likes.
-----
You don't have to worry about flying insects. The problem you described, have many users and hopefully they have read along.
I wish you much success!