No idea about the cause/causes, but when I do the same type of
presentation sharing, I save my presentation as a ppt (the old
powerpoint format). No complaints from my co-workers yet. Admittedly
my presentations are very simple (text, some tables, PNG images); ppt
may not work if you need more features.

HTH,

Peter