Hi Stephen,

> I think thats what I was getting at but semantically different.

Yes - it's that semantic difference that's the trouble :-)

> The low queue is the borrow queue which can get onto any box but will
> give way immediately if there is a hi job which belongs to either
> department.

That's not going to work in our environment; the jobs aren't
differentiated by priority, as they're all the same. So either everything
gets submitted to the low queue - meaning there is no preemption at all -
or everything gets submitted to the high  queue - meaning that there is no
sharing between the groups.

Neither of these scenarios improves on just having two grids with no
sharing :-(

Vic.