Hi,

Am 27.04.2011 um 17:46 schrieb srie...@ekp.uni-karlsruhe.de:

> I have some problems configuring my gridengine setup right.
>
> In order to test a cluster setup I want to restrict a queue to dedicated
> users. To achieve this I made an ACL and added it to the xuser_list from the
> queue:
>
> $ qconf -au my_list my_username

it's the other way round:

$ qconf -au reuti tester
added "reuti" to access list "tester"

> $ qconf -mq my.q

> user_lists            NONE
> xuser_lists           my_list
>
> But instead of revoking qsub commands I can still submit jobs from user
> "my_username".

Adding something to xuser_lists will block user(s) to use this resource. But
jobs from my_username should never ever being scheduled to this queue. This
doesn't mean that you can't submit at all - the job will just hang there when
there is no other queue. You can submit with "-w e" get an error when there is
no suitable queue at all.

> Another thing I want to do right is that I want to be able to submit jobs to
> a queue which has currently no execution hosts registered.

Why do you want to do so?

Although there are situations when you want to submit to a queue, the paradigm
in SGE is to request resources and SGE will select an appropriate queue for
you, which will fulfill the resource request. Submitting to a queue is more
Torque-style.

Can you rephrase the problem by requesting memory, walltime, diskspace,
cores... or a complex having a certain value? Something like:

$ qsub -l cpu_type=propeller job.sh

-- Reuti