In some of the computing clusters across our campus, we have noticed many users running their jobs outside of the SGE queuing system. While we have plans to continue tutoring them about the benefits of using a queuing system, not everyone seems to be getting the message - as such, these
violating-users' jobs are hampering those who have been
using SGE.

On all our Rocks based clusters, we do keep the list of
cluster's uses in a flat text file, one user per line.

Is there a way by which I (as root) can kill all those
jobs submitted outside of SGE on compute nodes by these
normal users?

Thanks,

Gowtham
Advanced IT Research Support