Hi all,

We're having an issue in our cluster. We are running SLES10 and SLES11 in the execution hosts(each OS separated with hostgroups, with each hostgroup having its own queue), with LDAP. Our SGE version is GE6.2u5.

I've done a simple script that runs 'env'. The problem is that in some nodes, the USERNAME variable has root as value, while in other nodes it isn't defined at all.

In a node that the USERNAME isn't defined, if i restart the sge_execd daemon, now it gets defined.

All the nodes use the same image, so everything is exactly the same, except the name of the node(it gets defined using dhcp).

The sge_execd daemon gets executed as the sgeadmin user, which is a local user.

The problem comes since we have something setup in /etc/profile, to ignore some stuff we manually set. But again, the /etc/profile is the same on all nodes.

Thanks, if you need more info let me know.