We are in the planning phase for the initial installation of grid engine. The
initial

configuration initially is a single cluster with 30 SLES 11 machines.  This
number may

grow to as many as 100 SLES 11 servers.

The Oracle N1 Grid Engine 6 Installation Guide, under sge-root Installation
Directory,

indicates placing the spool directory under sge-root may be avoided for
efficiency

reasons.  Later on, under Spool Directories Under the Root Directory, it states

"You do not need to export these directories to other machines. However,
exporting the entire sge-root tree and making it write-accessible for the
master host and all executable hosts makes administration easier."

We are trying to determine where the spool directory should reside based on
performance

Versus ease of administration.  Can somebody explain how ease of administration
would

be made easier?

Thanks in advance.

Dale