Am 04.04.2012 um 18:09 schrieb Lars van der bijl:

> in our case the application has no checkpointing capabilities. for us
> a reschedule is just run from start on a new host.
>
> so a checkpoint with a signal 9 should be enough?

No, the signal will be send to create a checkpoint in min_cpu_interval (from
the queue definition) intervals, not to do any custom kill.

For a reschedule it should be killed by the ususal behavior, it's worth a try
whether it working better than the default reschedule killing facility. Don't
define any signal for user_defined or transparent checkpointing environments
then, as outlined above it will be used for creating checkpoints.

-- Reuti