Okay, this going to be a stupid question coming from someone who's been
on this list for years, but here goes...

I've just upgraded the RAM on a few cluster nodes to 32 GB (instead of
16 GB). A few users could benefit from this, so I'd like to be able to
specify h_vmem or mem_free or s_vmem for jobs so that jobs requiring RAM
> 16 GB go to this node. Digging through the google results, It looks
like I need to do the following:

1. Make whatever complex I choose to use requestable
2. Set a default value.
3. Profit.

It's step 2 that worries me. Must I set a default? My assumption is that
if I do, that default will be used for ALL jobs. Is that correct? I'm
worried because something tells me that no matter what default I use,
it's going to break something, somewhere for someone. Is it possible to
set default = NONE?

Second question, is which resource is the best to use for this? h_vmem,
s_vmem, or mem_free. I know mem_free is more of  a "hint", and doesn't
guarantee anything, and h_vmem will kill a job submitter guesses wrong.
I've never seen anyone even mention s_vmem for this. Is there a reason
for that?

--
Prentice