In my experience, resource quotas that try to enforce multiple constraints are
quite buggy.

Brendan
From: users-boun...@gridengine.org [users-boun...@gridengine.org] On Behalf Of
Ray Spence [r3spe...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:40 PM
To: users@gridengine.org
Subject: [gridengine users] RQS Help

I am using SGE 6.2u5 on Ubuntu 12.04. I have been tearing my hair out
attempting to enforce memory and slots allocation limit by an RQS. I'd like
to restrict all users to 128GB and 32 slots total usage respectively cumulative
(at any time, not per job) in a specific queue. I call this queue high.q.
Here is my RQS

{
   name         high.q_limits
   description  "All high.q users restricted to 32 slots and 128GB ram"
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        users {*} queues high.q to slots=32
   limit        users {*} queues high.q to virtual_free=128g
}

With this in place I can submit a job, with a hard request for 150G, which runs.

% qsub -hard -q high.q -l virtual_free=150g grid1.sh

I'm beginning to think this type of quota isn't even possible?
Can anyone shed light on this?