I think that the devel-...-xlong parameters being consumable is causing
unforeseen behavior with the way that reservations are working.  After some
more testing and monitoring, I see that we're reaching our SLAs AND that
larger parallel jobs are making it through the queue in a timely manner.
 What I saw were jobs whose only commonality was requesting, say, medium,
and hence 128 processor parallel job bound for free node set X blocked a
job bound for node set Y.  Aside from a different strategy, all together, a
complex that is requestable, consumable, but not reservable would solve
this particular issue.  Is that even possible?

-Brian

--
Brian Smith
Sr. System Administrator