From: Reuti [mailto:re...@staff.uni-marburg.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:53 PM
To: Sudha Padmini Penmetsa (WT01 - Global Media & Telecom)
Cc: prod.f...@gmail.com; users@gridengine.org
Subject: Re: [gridengine users] grid jobs not visible with qstat output

> Am 12.05.2015 um 17:03 schrieb <sudha.penme...@wipro.com>
> <sudha.penme...@wipro.com>:
>
> Hi Reuti,
>
> In the link suggested by you
> (https://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/htmlman/htmlman5/remote_startup.html ) it
> is mentioned as below
>
> "To  have a tight integration of SSH into SGE, the started sshd needs an
> additional group ID to be attached."
>
> Checked the configuration from our side and the addgrpid is generated
>
> /opt/sge/default/spool/active_jobs/8143543.1 : ls addgrpid

Yes, but not attached to all processes. Processes running in a tight
integration needs them attached like something in /proc:

reuti@node:/proc/24989> cat status
Groups: 20082 24000 25000

And the 20082 is the additional one.

-- Reuti

> Regards,
> Sudha

>>> 33043 61457200 27020 karppa 32734      \_ /bin/ksh ./vcs.start.dh.no_gui
>>> 33059 61457200 27020 karppa 32734          \_
>>> ./vcs/tb_bin/hdl_top_rtldhsim/simv -licqueue -cm line+cond+fsm+branch+tgl+
>>> 38048 61457200 27020 karppa 32734              \_ [target.bin] <defunct>
>>> 5049 61457200 27020 karppa 5049
>>> /applic36/grid/HWEE_ge6/utilbin/lx24-amd64/qrsh_starter
>>> /gridapl1/HWEE_ge6/default/spoo
>>> 5101 61457200 27020 karppa 5101  \_ /bin/ksh ./run_it_file.vcs
>>> 5408 61457200 27020 karppa 5101      \_ /bin/ksh ./vcs.start.dh.no_gui