On Fri, 4 Apr 2014, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 at 8:45am, Mark Dixon wrote

I think we've been bitten by something that others have seen and brought up on this list over the years, where the amount of usage reported in the share tree can become unexpectedly large when using task array jobs.
Yeah, that's an oldie but a goodie. I haven't tested it in a while, since we moved from share-tree to functional shares for exactly this reason. The original bug is here <https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/435>. IIRC, I could reproduce this on a fresh test cluster with several slots by doing something like the following:

Better late than never, I finally got round to fixing this for those of us not running UGE: patches are attached to the bug URL above.

Thanks again to Joshua and Cameron for helping me understand the problem :)

All the best,

Mark