> Am 29.02.2016 um 23:27 schrieb Ben Daniel Pere <ben.p...@gmail.com>:
>
> It's the other way round. The load used in the load_formula is already
> adjusted. You adjust individual values, not the result of any computation
> already made with them.
>
> The computed load_formula will then be used to sort the machines.
>
> Oh load formula is just for machines priority? so I do see the sense in
> normalizing this load by the number of cores (otherwise we'll kill machines
> with 24 cores while machines with 56 cores are barely doing anything)

With the current setting of the load_formular you should observe the opposite.
The 56 cores machines show up as -56 on an empty machine and have a lower value
than -24. These machines are then filled up to 32 cores and all machines have
the same load_formular of -24 when now also these other machines a being used
for further scheduling.

Are these quad-CPU machines without hyperthreading to gain a total of 56 cores?

-- Reuti