the goal is to make a more vfx related viewer to the gridengine that
doesn't rely on parsing qstat or qacct (which i have done in the past) and
doesn't rely on wrapping qsub to create initial entries in my database.

i'll also be storing a lot of information not related to sge in the
database for the task. the type if application it is. comment from the
artists, which files it's using, which files it's creating,etc etc.

accounting only gives me data after the fact. I would like to know while
the machine accepts the task so i can visualise the progress to my artists.