> Am 20.09.2016 um 10:07 schrieb <sudha.penme...@wipro.com>
> <sudha.penme...@wipro.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Regarding access rules in grid, users primary UNIX group should be the one
> which is defined in ACL to be able to access.

Yes, as mentioned in `man sge_access`.

> Would it be possible to configure it such that user just needs to belong to
> the defined UNIX group and gid can be whatever?

If I get it right, you mean a user has a primary group and let's say 5
secondary groups. The 3rd of the secondary groups (and only this one) is
allowed to access the grid (i.e. to submit jobs), then the user should be
allowed to submit jobs even if his primary group is still the original one
(which is not allowed to access the grid) or any other of the 4 secondary
groups.

If the behavior would be this way, many other configurations where you would
like to grant access only for a specific group wouldn't be possible.

===

Regarding the administrative burden:

I think it's not much of a difference whether you add all entitled users to a
dedicated group to allow access to the grid (what you are looking for), or
adding the users in question to one ACL in SGE which is specified in `qconf
-mconf` entry "user_lists" (you can add and remove individual entries without
any opening editor with `qconf -au` resp. `qconf -du` too).

-- Reuti