On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 21:55:08 BST Douglas Duckworth wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>

> We're looking into writing a monthly report which lists CPU usage by group,
> within share tree, along with a list of users therein as well as their
> usage.
>

> Does anyone have any advice on writing such a report or perhaps know of any
> sample reports which they could share?

Hi Doug,

I did something like this using R & markup in my old job (as in, there was a
markup report with embedded R code that would generate the stats). I believe I
generated both html and pdf reports from it. If memory serves right, I had it
as a postrotate on my monthly logrotate for the accounting file... Worked
pretty well, actually.

I'm pretty sure I wrote some functions to read accounting files into R etc.
Would you like me to dig out the code?

Tina

--
Tina Friedrich, Snr HPC Systems Administrator, Advanced Research Computing
Research Computing and Support Services, Academic IT