Hi Anton,

Binding is essentially just a map. The typ checker does not know which values will be present. Therefore it flags "util" as undeclared.

Cheers,
Pascal

Am 03.02.2016 um 16:24 schrieb Anton Sarov:
Hello,

I have the following case where I want to make use of the type checking feature:

http://groovyconsole.appspot.com/script/5121843795066880

Unfortunately I get an error like: "The variable [util] is undeclared".

Why is this happening? I defined a variable in the provided binding but apparently this is somehow not relevant to the Groovy Shell...

Best regards
Anton
startup failed:
Script1.groovy: 7: [Static type checking] - The variable [util] is undeclared.
  @ line 7, column 17.
            def a = util.test();
                    ^

1 error