I actually re-use the spring boot plugin.

You don't have to use it to build a spring boot application, it can build
vanilla apps too.

add the spring boot plugin, set the mainClass attribute as in their
examples and do a gradle bootRepackage.

You'll end up with a single runnable jar file.

You can even do that with no source, just jars in the deps list and
reference a class in one of the dependencies.

--

David Dawson | CEO | Simplicity Itself

Tel +44 7866 011 256
Skype: davidadawson