Wise words, Paul. I would also very much prefer to see progress in the Java
9 area rather than this, or even the parser. It's much more relevant to the
future of Groovy IMHO. Because, as the ticket explains, there's already
ways to enable this feature (even if a bit cumbersome). It's really of that
importance, then a pull request, accepted through a VOTE, would certainly
be the fastest way to get this.