Subject: Re: Need to get help: Building Groovy 1.7.5 from source gives encoding error for ReadLineTest.groovy
From: Ken Lam <ken....@mobigator.com>
To: users@groovy.apache.org, Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Date: 8/2/2018 11:12
Dear Jochen,

Also, after compiling the groovy-all-1.7.5.jar, I extracted the jar, and extracted the official jar distributed in grails 1.3.5, and compare between the two extracted folders.

Out of 3371 files, 256 files (254 binary files + 2 text files) are different, and the rest are identical.

For the 2 different text files, I have checked and they should be ok.

For the 254 binary files, however, I am not sure whether this is normal.

Of course, I haven't modified any source codes at all. At least not yet.

My question is:

Is it expected or required, to have exact binary .class files compiled when we try to rebuild groovy? My compiled jar does have nearly 3000 binary class files being identical to the those in the official jar, only 254 binary files are different.

Regards,

Ken Lam
System Analyst
Mobigator Technology Group