-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Schalk Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Datum: 23.04.18  12:05  (GMT+01:00) An: users@groovy.apache.org Betreff: Java
does not see method implemented in Groovy

    Hi all,
    I have build an hierarchy that effectively looks like:

      Abstract Base #1 (Java)

                      ^

          Abstract Base #2 (Groovy, CompileStatic)

                      ^

        Abstract Base #3 (Groovy, CompileStatic)

                      ^

        Abstract Base #4 (Groovy, CompileStatic) <- Implements
          methodA from Abstract Base #1

              ^                ^                 ^

              |                |                 |

          ExampleG (Groovy)    ExampleJ (Java)   ExampleK (Kotlin)

    Finally there are three examples - one each in  Groovy, Java and
      otlin example. They extend #4 with concrete classes. The Groovy
      and Kotlin examples compile fine, but the Java complains that
      methodA is not implemented. The real signature of methodA is
      actually

      SeekableByteChannel newByteChannel(Path path, Set<?
          extends OpenOption> options, FileAttribute<?>[]
          attrs) throws IOException

    This could be down to what the Groovy compiler (2.4.11) has done
      with the generics, but it has me me confused. I am even more
      surprised that only the Java compiler complains and not the Kotlin
      compiler.  In IntelliJ this is not flagged up as an issue either.
      It only occurs when compiling the project with Gradle.

    I know my example is slightly vague, but it removes all of the
      noise. The actual code of the offending class is here ->
https://gitlab.com/ysb33rOrg/java-nio2-providers/blob/development/commons-compress-provider-core/src/test/java/org/ysb33r/nio/provider/commons_core/examples/java/GzFileSystemProvider.java
    Now I'm hoping if anyone has seen issues like this before or have
      an idea where I can start diagnosing it.

    --
Schalk W. Cronjé
Twitter / Ello / Toeter : @ysb33r