You may be interested in the Gradle application plugin. This creates a
distribution zip file with all the dependencies and some starter scripts.
https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/application_plugin.html

The only customization would be to add your custom script to the bin/ directory
where the starter scripts live.

Remko.
(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info