Hi Edmond,

thanks for that - can you give some metrics regarding the code size ?-)

@Context of question: Didn't want my initial post to be too long, just thought I'd ask people to share if they wanted to - but in a nutshell: Groovy is putting a lot of emphasis/effort on Java compatibility, up to code copy & paste compatibility. This sometimes leads to solutions which cannot be as clear/consistent/least-surprise as one would hope for*, so I was wondering how many people actually use Groovy as a Java replacement / equal partner (I assume quite a few, but in my organization we are the only team that uses Groovy that way, i.e. not as a script language only).

Cheers,
mg

*The current example on the dev mailing list is the behavior of this.x / super.x under different conditions.