I keep pushing Groovy as a general programming language at the last few
places I've worked (192.com, 7digital.com and ITV) with mixed results.  As
far as I know, there are at least some production applications written in
Groovy at all those companies.
I've found Java developers who are dabbling with Kotlin tend to like the
familiar syntax.  Spock is a huge hit with any devs with even a passing
interest in unit testing. Generally speaking, if they try it, they like it,
but there can be a lot of resistance from people burned by Grails or who
had a bad experience with overly complex Gradle builds in the past.

Andy