Thanks Jörg,

Yes, that's one of the approaches I tried but the execute() method doesn't
appear to provide metadata (column names, types, etc) and my application needs
that information.

That's why my request was to either

  - add the "hasResults" argument to the rows() and eachRow() methods

OR

  - add metadata results to the execute() method.

The relevant variants that I'm seeing are:

    eachRow(String sql, Closure metaClosure, Closure rowClosure)
    eachRow(GString gstring, Closure metaClosure, Closure rowClosure)

    rows(String sql, Closure metaClosure)
    rows(GString gstring, Closure metaClosure)

    execute(String sql, Closure processResults)
    execute(GString gstring, Closure processResults)

where for the eachRow() and rows() methods -

    sql - the sql statement
    metaClosure - called for metadata (only once after sql execution)
    rowClosure - called for each row with a GroovyResultSet

and for the execute() method -

    sql - the SQL to execute
    processResults - a Closure which will be passed two parameters: either true
plus a list of GroovyRowResult values derived from statement.getResultSet() or
false plus the update count from statement.getUpdateCount(). The closure will
be called for each result produced from executing the SQL.

The processResults() closure that execute() calls is passed two parameters,
while the rowClosure() closure that eachRow() and rows() calls only appears to
pass the one parameter, the GroovyResultSet.

My enhancement request is to align these three method "families" (eachRow,
rows, and execute) so that they all have a variant with a metaClosure and/or a
two-parameter processResults closure.

Thanks,
Steve