Hi together,

I am migrating a project from Talend Open Studio to Apache Hop and need some technical advice.

I am processing article data in a pipeline that runs multiple times in parallel using ‘Specify copies’. I only want to assign a new ID to article data that does not yet have an ID. For this reason, I cannot use the existing sequence transformations.

My questions
- How can I define a comprehensive sequence that I can use in parallel pipelines? Is this possible with a ‘User defined Java Class’ or should I map the sequence in a database? - Which transformations would you use to map the logic ‘do not assign an ID yet, then get the next sequence and set it in the field of the line’?

Many thanks for the work on Apache Hop and your support!

Best regards,
Knut Meyer