Of course. What made you think it might be secure?

If you want to hide the PW, you have to use HTTPS. However, be aware that Basic
authentication is not very secure anyway (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#basiccaveat)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Anand

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege