* Mike McMullen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [0524 06:24]:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm sure I am doing something stupid here so forgive my upfront.
>
> I am running Apache 2.0.52 on FC3. With the FC3 installation
> comes a web log analyzer called webalizer. It stores it's information
> in a directory called usage in /var/www. You access it by the index.html
> file it creates there.
>
> When I go to access the information there I get a 403 Forbidden
> message and the following shows up in the error_log:
>
> client denied by server configuration: /var/www/usage/
>
> So I tried editing the conf file by adding a section like wha is done
> for "manual":
>
> Alias /usage/ "/var/www/usage/"
>
> <Directory "/var/www/usage">
>     Options Indexes
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> When I restart the httpd server I get the following warning:
>
> [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line
> 564 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
>
> I still can't access the usage data. Regarding the warning above,
> there is no other word "usage" in the conf file except for my small
> section.

You don't need the Alias line, that's what the error is about.

You have an

Alias /

elsewhere I guess, apache is saying this means that

Alias /usage

will never match, since the more general one wins first.

--
'If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a
house of cards... Checkmate!'