I'm hoping for some insight and suggestions on this one...

Our apache /etc/init.d (very straightforward, by the way) works when you
execute it by hand, but does not function correctly during a system boot.

During boot, we receive the following errors (only the IP address has been
changed in the example)

   apache: starting
   (99)Cannot assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind to address
12.34.56.78:80
   Unable to open logs
   Done!

ALL other services (Coldfusion, tomcat, etc.) start up successfully during
boot, which all reside in the same disk tree as well.

When the startup script is run immediately after boot, it works great:

   apache: starting
   Done!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for us?  Having to manually restart
after a reboot is really kindof a pain.  :-)

\\ Robert J. Granvin                                             Webmaster
 \\ [EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Metro State University