(be aware, that is an obvious question)

Do you have the line
#/usr/bin/php
(or whatever your path to php is) at its beginning?

As well, you cannot send raw data just like a normal php script.
Just like any CGI you need to send the string

there's another line but I cannot remember... just google about structure for perl cgi script, it's the same lines.

gradeAstudent.com.au wrote:
Anyone have any pointers on getting php scripts to run from the cgi-bin
directory? I can run php scripts fine so long as they are not in the default
cgi-bin folder. Alas, however, a survey program I am trying to test (not
written by me) needs to have its scripts in the cgi-bin folder for some
reason.

I have tried the permissions (even set to 777!) and changed the uid gid to
www:www. Perl scripts run fine from this cgi-bin folder which is really
bugging me.

I have set ExecCGI in the Options on the cgi-bin folder as well as allow all
and all that jass in the <Directory> statements.

It just seems like apache has some security feature that prevents php from
running in this one folder (even when i move it and reconfigure httpd.conf
to point to a different folder under the data dir).

Squirellmail which makes extensive use of php is running fine, so I'm fairly
'confident' that php is setup ok?

Jean-Christophe Montigny
Responsable Commission Web, Association Planètes
Responsable serveurs assoces.com, Association Planètes
Etudiant de deuxième année à Grenoble Ecole de Management
Majeure Conseil en Organisation des Systèmes d'Information
begin:vcard
fn:Jean-Christophe Montigny
n:Montigny;Jean-Christophe
org;quoted-printable:Association [EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;12, rue Pierre S=C3=A9mard;Grenoble;FR;38000;France
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Responsable Com Web
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://planetes.assoces.com/