In addition, if this helps, I get this info in suexec.log:
"emerg: failed to setuid (10082: php431)"

Miguel - Globalview wrote:
Hello all!

I am facing a weird thing with running any binary or script of any language, PHP or Shell script in my Apache.
When I run the .PHP script, error_log shows me:
"... Premature end of script headers: /var/www/owner/any_domain.com/cgi-bin/php431"

Browser shows me:
"Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

In addition, I created a test shell script testing, that usually works fine:
"#!/bin/sh

echo "<h1> Just for testing purposes...";
"
I've got the same entry as above in error_log.

My conf file for the virtual server looks like this:
"<VirtualHost $IP>
ServerName www.any_domain.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/owner/any_domain.com/public_html
User owner
Group owner
DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm index.shtml default.htm
CustomLog /var/www/owner/any_domain.com/logs/access_log combined
RLimitCPU 60 80
RLimitNPROC 20 30
SetEnv PHPRC
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/owner/any_domain.com/cgi-bin/"
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/php "/var/www/owner/any_domain.com/cgi-bin/php"
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
   Order allow,deny
   Deny from all
</Files>
Alias /errordocs/ "/sites/web1/listel/frioar.com/errordocs/"
ErrorDocument 400 /errordocs/400.html
ErrorDocument 401 /errordocs/401.html
ErrorDocument 403 /errordocs/403.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/404.html
ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html
Alias /icons "/usr/local/apache/icons"
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/icons">
   Options Indexes MultiViews
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>"

But the most weird thing is that it is happening only for this user, for any domain created from now on for this user, and it always worked the same way we have always done.

All the permissions and owners are accordingly set. I even tried some different combinations, but nothing seems to work for this user. I used the same files in other virtual host and it worked fine. I created a new virtual host, with different name, and it worked fine. I created a different virtual host for this user and it did not work again.

I've get Apache 1.3.1 running on a Linux Fedora Core 2, kernel 2.6.

I really don't understand what is going on. I just can't figure out how to fix it --and I don't know what I've broken :D.

If anyone could help me, I am burning my brains in here. I might be missing something.

Thank you all,