On 6/14/05, Rich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Example:
>

> php_admin_value open_basedir /htdocs/bla/bla1/:/htdocs/bla/bla2/
>

> This will limit PHP execution to the two paths specified.
>
> NOTE:
> 1) The paths MUST be absolute from root, or the chroot of apache if
> appropriate - it SHOULD be appropriate :-)
>
> 2) The paths can not be symlinks - they must be real directory paths
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Rich.
>

> Maxim Vexler wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > Sorry for the newbies question, I would have searched for it myself if
> > it wasn't that urgent.
> > Could you please demonstrate or provide a helpful link on how to limit
> > script execution (php in this case) to a selected number of path's
> > (phpBB2 & mysqladmin in this case)
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Apache version 2.0.52
> > php4 as loadable module
> > OS : windows 2k3.

Thank you very much.
The directive does work, but only when it's "bare" in the httpd.conf file.
I must be doing something wrong here, I'm using the php4 module, on
windows server, that gets loaded like this :

LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/php4apache2.dll"

Then I tried to add this directive into httpd.conf :

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
         php_admin_value open_basedir "D:/Inetpub/wwwroot/NEEDED_PATH/"
</IfModule>

but for some reason it did not worked.
When I wrote only the "php_admin_value ..." line Apache imposed the directive,
why is that ?

--
Cheers,
Maxim Vexler (hq4ever).