What software is processing the upload ? The limitation will come from that software.

If you're using a PHP application, the limitation comes from PHP. You need to look in the php.ini file (located in /etc/php4/apache on Debian) for the config var :

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 8M

(by default it's 2M)

You also need to make sure the max_execution_time is high enough for the duration of the file transfer. (if you're on a slow connection, the limitation may be 8M, but you might get stuck at 5M because the transfer stopped, because it lasted more than X seconds)
(that makes many because)

by default i think it's 20 seconds on PHP.

Ressa Restullah wrote:
Dear All..

I've a problem with my web server, when i'm tryinh to upload file
bigger than 8 MB i won't work. I get this information from the apache
log. I'm using apache from the my distro(rpm packages) ?? Does anyone
know about this ?? or having experience with this

--
Jean-Christophe Montigny
Responsable Commission Web, Association Planètes
Responsable serveurs assoces.com, Association Planètes
Etudiant de deuxième année à Grenoble Ecole de Management
Majeure Conseil en Organisation des Systèmes d'Information
begin:vcard
fn:Jean-Christophe Montigny
n:Montigny;Jean-Christophe
org;quoted-printable:Association [EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;12, rue Pierre S=C3=A9mard;Grenoble;FR;38000;France
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Responsable Com Web
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://planetes.assoces.com/