On 6/15/05, Arne Heizmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Krist van Besien wrote:
> >
> > I get the impression that probably somewhere in your httpd config
> > there is an access rule that forbids access to the /old URL, and that
> > therefore the "403 Forbidden" gets triggered before everything else.
>
> But the rewrite log shows that the rewrite module does process the URL
> correctly...

In this case it must be a access control issue. I think it must be the
first server that denies access and/or proxying. If it would have been
the  second one blocking access, the error would have been "Bad
Gateway".

> > Do you have an "order allow,deny" statement somewhere?
>
> Not that I can see. But to alleviate the need for guessing, I'll attach
> the httpd.conf below. I have changed the "ServerName" line, but
> everything else is unchanged. Two lines will get word-wrapped by my
> mailer (LogFormat and BrowserMatch), but it should be obvious that they
> are one line.
>
> The line that exhibits the problem is the very last one, at the very bottom.

I don't see a line that allows proying in your config... Have you
tried adding a <proxy> block?

Have you also tried to access the webserver on the second host from
the first one using a webbrowser?

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]