May be... (I've no idea if apache buffers data to disk) but this is only
accidentally correlated with the *number* of internal servers. In fact, it's
just a question of traffic.

I'm assuming that the questioner can calculate traffic - but he seems concerned
that if he adds too many ProxyPass lines to the config, that he'll get an error
saying "Too Many Proxies Configured! Overload! Overload! Overload!..." He won't.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Having said that, we have a proxy server that farms dynamic web pages
> *and* proxies for a couple of dozen remote servers (defined within
> multiple vhost sections <grin /> )
>

> Boyle Owen wrote:

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error,
please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and
any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any
hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and
the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.