I noticed an unusual heavy cpu load on a machine that wasn't supposed to be
doing anything this weekend, and saw that top showed that the user 'apache'
running a command named 'use' was using all the cycles. Since I never saw that,
I tried finding out what it was.

I cannot find anything on such a command or any exploits related to it --
'apache' and 'use' are not great search terms. In fact I could not find the
command on the system.

I'm running Fedora Core 1, and I believe httpd-2.0.50.1.0 (since the machine
didn't need to be up, I shut it down remotely for the weekend without checking
the version.) The machine allows cgi from user space and has a mysql server up.

Can anyone tell me what gives, or where I might look?

TIA

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as a 1 GB mailbox for just
US$9.95 per year!