To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 12:16 PM
Subject: RE: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Speed

How can i maintain the new.bio-world.com name instead of that ip ?
Would that be the servername in httpd.conf ??

I have to revise my opinion about that now that you have changed the redirection. The IP address of new.bio-world.com is 66.64.142.34. The address I was redirected to is different, e.g. 66.64.142.35, so it must be set by whoever does the redirection.

66.64.142.35 does not have a PTR record.

Are you using named virtual hosts? When I request http://66.64.142.34/ I get a HTTP 404...

WRT to the delay, I note that it only occurs in the request for the PHP and http://66.64.142.34/bioworld. None of the static resources exhibit such delays. Could there be something in the interaction between Apache and PHP or in the application itself? I do not have any experience with PHP.

Your Apache is a little old (2.0.40). You should consider upgrading.

-ascs