I'm having trouble configuring mod_python and have struck a black hole of ignorance.

I want httpd2 to rewrite its files in /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d so I can see that the changes I am making in /etc/sysconfig/apache2 are actually happening. I am shutting down and starting up between changes.

I tried renaming /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d to /etc/apache2/sysconfigx.x and creating a new empty /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d but it doesn't seem to to want to recreate the contents.

Should it?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Mike