* Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [0737 18:37]:
> On 7/25/05, Dick Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > but since we're just matching a string (REMOTE_ADDR) with no network
> > information
> > it isn't going to cut it for the last two sites.
> >
> > Am I really going to have to have one line for each possible starting string
> > for each of the last two subnets?

> Well, you will need to build a regex that does the matches.  But you
> won't need one for every starting string.  You can use stuff like
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^10\.0\.11[2-9]\.*
> RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^10\.0\.12[0-7]\.*
> which I believe should get the intention of your first line. (Note
> also the correct regex escaping of the '.'.)

Thanks Joshua, just needed some confirmation I wasn't missing anything obvious
(the escaping in my post was adhoc, was'nt sure if mod_rewrite needs .*
or * to match 'anything').

The technique below is interesting too, thanks for the idea.

--
'That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.'
                -- Prof. Farnsworth