On 8/3/05, Chris Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > <Location /~>
> > php_flag engine off
> > </Location>

>      For Apache PHP module, which we have.  Not used to using Location
> much.  I only want to prevent its use in usr's public_html remember.
> The above would turn it off everywhere.  Are you then saying it should
> be reenabled for other URLs?  Can you please give an example?

No -- notice the "~" above, which restricts applications to URLs
beginning in "~".  The advantage of using <Location> is that it is
evaluated after .htaccess files and overrides them, so it is a good
way to assure that .htaccess files are overridden.  See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/htaccess.html#how

In your particular case, as long as you are turning on php only for
specific directories that are not parent directories of your user
directories, then you don't really need the <Location> section, since
php will be off by default and your AllowOverride prevents it from
being turned on in .htaccess files.  The <Location> section is just an
extra guarantee.

Joshua.