Hi all,

I have a (mod_perl) server listening on port 8001, and a static
(non-mod_perl) server listening on port 80.

Requests to the /mod_perl/ directory are ProxyPassed to the mod_perl server:

<Location /mod_perl>
  ProxyPass http://modperlserver:8001/
  ProxyPassReverse http://modperlserver:8001/
</Location>

This works fine.

Recently we moved some files into various subdirectories (we're using
HTML::Mason if
that helps).  We don't want search engines and people's bookmarks to come up
with not found
errors, so we wanted to put in some Redirects for the moved files (there are
only about 10 files).
We also want the browser to display the new URL (and preferably to receive a
301) so that search
engines and users will eventually stop referencing the old URLs.

I tried a Redirect permanent for the files but this didn't work and from
what I've read wassn't
going to while we're using ProxyPass.  I then tried to implement a ProxyPass
and ProxyReverse specifically
for the moved files:

ProxyPass /mod_perl/moved_file1.html
http://modperlserver:8001/newdir/moved_file1.html
ProxyPassReverse /mod_perl/moved_file1.html
http://modperlserver:8001/newdir/moved_file1.html

<Location /mod_perl>
  ProxyPass http://modperlserver:8001/
  ProxyPassReverse http://modperlserver:8001/
</Location>

While this does redirect the page to the moved file, I don't get the new URL
in the nav bar.  That is,
what I want to see in the navbar is
http://mystaticserver/newdir/moved_file1.html but I'm still seeing
http://mystaticserver/moved_file1.html

My gut feeling is that I need to change the ProxyPassReverse to return the
new URL, but nothing I have tried has worked.

Do I have to do something different to make this work, or am I on the wrong
track entirely?

Thanks in advance,
Becky

Becky Alcorn