Hi everyone,

I have this problem with my web server.

I'm running mysql, apache, and php that come with fedora 4. I want to place .htaccess file in /var/www/html/images/ folder to prevent users to see all images in this dictory, but this causes my web page unable to display any images on the web server.

Here is content of .htaccess file:

IndexIgnore *

I even tried:
IndexIgnore *.gif *.jpg

but it's not working.  Anybody got any idea how to fix this?

Here is the last error in /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
[Thu Aug 11 16:37:37 2005] [alert] [client 10.0.0.128] /var/www/html/images/.htaccess: IndexIgnore not allowed here, referer: http://10.0.0.120/company/manual.php

By the way, I already enable .htaccess in httpd.conf

Thank you so much,
T. Hiep