From: Suzy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 10:55 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Apache on WinXP won't startup

Dear all

Okay I'm an Apache virgin and I have just installed Apache version 1.3.33 on Windows XP Home edition.  Then configured the conf/httpd file for PHP.  All seemed to go smoothly, I just ran the vanilla installation.

I then tried to start it through my cmd prompt with NET START Apache, but nothing doing and there are no errors reported.

I don't think I have any other personal web servers running on this machine.

Can you help?

Thanks
Suzy

Do you Yahoo!?