All,

I have two apache instances running. Is there a way to kill just 1 instance? To be more specific, I have 1 startup file with the standard startup. In the httpd.conf file, it specifies:

PidFile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid

In the second startup file the line that starts the server is:

httpd - f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd-oracal.conf start
and the PidFile line reads:

PidFile /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd-oracal.pid.

Can I tell apache only to stop this instance or should I write a script to do it?

FYI, I'm running Apache 1.3.31 with mod_perl 1.29, mod_fastcgi 2.4.2, mod_ssl 2.8.19 and OpenSSL 9.9.7c. This is on Solaris 8.

TIA,

spike
begin:vcard
fn:Spike Burkhardt
n:Burkhardt;Spike
adr;dom:;;3825 Fabian Way;Palo Alto;Ca;94303
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Unix Systems Engineer
tel;work:650-852-4787
tel;pager:877-720-8146