On 8/18/05, Axel-Stéphane  SMORGRAV
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A redirection (HTTP 302 or friends) does not return any contents. It merely
> directs the browser to request another URL which will hopefully return the
> PDF document. That response should contain the header "Content-Type:
> application/pdf" - not the redirect. Setting the header in a redirect will
> have no effect on the response serving the PDF file.
>
> It is your php program that should set the Content-Type header. Look at other
> postings on this list for the syntax.

That is actually what started this mess. If I try and use PHP to set
the headers, then the older IE browsers will not listen to the header
where I set the filename. I needed to redirect to the actual filename,
while still logging the proper fileId.

> As an aside, the [L] ( as in [R,L] ) is not necessary either since if the
> rewrite rule condition triggers, the redirect will be immediate and no more
> rewrite rules will be evaluated.

Like I said, im new. It's good to know, and I'll modify my config
accordingly. Thanks a bunch.