Why is that your issue?  This is how google configured their servers.

Read the NameVirtualHost directive; all requests to an unrecognized
host will be routed to the first (default) named virtual host in the
config.

You didn't expect Host: to act as some proxy service, did you?

Khoa Nguyen wrote:
Hi,

I don't quite understand the use of the Host: header field in HTTP 1.1 request. For example, I wrote a simple script to connect to www.google.com <http://www.google.com> on port 80. After the connection, I send the following GET request:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: whatever.com <http://whatever.com>

The web server doesn't seem to care what I put in the Host field and always returns the google home page. Is this behaviour acceptable? Why a HTTP 1.1 web server insists on the presence of a Host field but doesn't seem to do any kind of checking on it?

Thanks,
Khoa