--- Joost de Heer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > 1. RewriteRule ^topics/([a-zA-Z-]+)
>
> - inside a set has a special meaning so you have to
> escape it:
> RewriteRule ^topics/([a-zA-Z\-]+)
>
> > 2. RewriteRule ^topics/([a-zA-Z+]-)
> > 3. RewriteRule ^topics/([a-zA-Z-]-)
>
> The + at the end means 'one or more times the
> previous', so changing it
> into a - doesn't work.

Thanks. I changed it to this:

RewriteRule ^topics/([a-zA-Z\-]+)/?$
topics/index.php?topic=$1 [L]

But when I type in this URL:

http://geozoo/topics/Temperate-Conifer-Forests

It still doesn't work. Does that mean I have to change
something in my PHP, or did I make a mistake in my
rewrite rule?

Thanks.