Hi,

I am trying to set up Squid as a web cache for a number of Apache Web servers. Each Apache server stands in front of an application server (Jboss). Based on the URL pattern Apache need to send request to Squid for caching. If Squid cannot find the resource in the cache it should contact back Apache server that will contact the J2EE application hosted by JBoss to load the resource from a database. Squid could also contact JBoss/Tomcat on port 8080 to load the missing resources but I would prefer if everything goes through Apache.

I am inexperienced with configuring Squid and have problems at the moment to make it work with many Apache servers. I am open to suggestions.

many thanks,

dimitar